Comprehensive/Excess Personal Liability

Comprehensive Personal Liability  (CPL)

Comprehensive Personal Liability is a standalone personal liability product coverage offered for owner occupied and tenant occupied one, two, three, and four family dwellings, and vacant land and vacant dwellings.  We also have a product available for condominium unit owners, mobile home owners, and tenants of multiple unit buildings along with owner occupied or tenant occupied secondary/seasonal residences.  Our monoline product is designed to fill the void where a standard Homeowner’s policy is hard to find. We offer a broad coverage appetite including Individuals, Trusts, Estates, Limited Partnerships, Corporations, Limited Liability Corporations (LLC), and Family Partnerships.

For complete product information or to obtain a quote, please contact our personal lines sales team at 1-800-866-0777 or click here.

Excess Comprehensive Personal Liability (ECPL)

Excess Comprehensive Personal Liability enables you to increase your primary limits or meet the minimum point of attachment of your Personal Umbrella.  This product is available for 1-4 family dwellings (owner/tenant occupied or vacant), condominium owners, condominium rentals, mobile homes or vacant land.  The coverage availability is up to $5,000,000 with a minimum underlying umbrella policy attachment of $300,000.  The ECPL policy allows for the named insured to be a corporation, trust, estate, LLC, limited or family partnership.

Each day brings new possibilities for unfortunate and unforeseeable accidents. Many people do not recognize their loss exposures, which can result in catastrophic loss and significant financial burden. The following scenarios are factual claims that will remind you that failure to purchase Comprehensive Personal Liability insurance could cost your family a fortune.

Claim Examples:

  • You’re watering your plants. After you walk away, a little bit of water spills on the floor. Later that day, your friend comes over, slips on the wet floor and hits his/her mouth on the table. You are sued for medical and dental expenses. $19,667 is paid.
  • Your nephew comes over to visit. He decides to play in the back yard with your children. He goes downstairs and out through the sliding glass door as he has many times before. After the kids finish playing, they decide to come back inside. Your nephew runs into the sliding glass door and it shatters. He suffers injuries to his hand and knee. $10,632 is paid.
  • Your tenant fails to pay the rent, so you evict him/her. Then he/she turns around and sues you for wrongful eviction.
  • Someone is jogging past your house. She falls on a crack in the pavement and breaks her wrist. She cannot go back to work. You’re sued for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.

For complete product information or to obtain a quote, please contact our personal lines sales team at 1-800-866-0777 or click here.