Personal Lines Agent/Account Manager – Grand Rapids, MI
Primarily responsible for selling personal lines products nationwide to a direct consumer, dealer, manufacturer, and referral agent on the phone or in person. A successful sales agent will be detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills, and have the ability to exercise judgment, be a self-starter and have superb follow through.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university
- Michigan Commercial Property and Casualty license will be required
- Professional/technical experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with all personnel, management, and vendors.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as insurance policies, procedure manuals, and client correspondence.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and insured automobile.
- Business to business sales/new business development experience
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Resilient and energetic
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong natural persuasiveness mindset and negotiation skills
- Empathetic with strong leadership skills
- Proficiency Up-to-date technology skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Thum Insurance Agency, LLC has been family owned and operated since 1990. We are based in Grand Rapids, MI and have over thirty years of experience in providing personal and commercial insurance coverage. Our insurance policies are specifically designed to meet the requirements of any customer. We are one of the nation’s largest specialists of personal and commercial lines insurance products. Our agency represents multiple national insurance companies, allowing us to serve customers across the United States and internationally. The agency attributes its continued growth to the entire network of fine employees and subagents that work together to serve customers’ needs.
Thum Insurance is a place for high performers. People with problem solving skills and a passion for achieving results thrive here. Associates demonstrating these characteristics are rewarded based on acquired skills, competencies, achievement of client objectives and progress with their own Personal Development Plans. We expect each of our associates to possess a commitment to excellence and a thirst for professional challenge.