Thum Insurance Agency, L.L.C. (collectively referred to in this notice as “us”, “we”, and/or “our”) believe in protecting the confidentiality and security of information we receive about our customers. The following describes our privacy guidelines and how we treat the information we receive about our customers.
Collection and Use of Customer Information
We collect, retain, and utilize information about customers to operate our business and to make products, services and other opportunities available to those customers. We obtain this information (“Information”) about customers from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- Information we receive directly from a customer in applications and other forms that the customer provides to us, and from our communications with the customer, such as but not limited to: name, address, and social security number.
- Information we compile from the customer’s transactions or experiences with us or our affiliates, such as but not limited to: premiums, payment history, and claims under the policy.
- Information we receive from other sources, such as but not limited to: other insurers, consumer reporting agencies, and health care providers.
How We Protect Information
We currently incorporate a system of passwords and other appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect against unauthorized access to potentially private Information. We educate our employees about the terms of this privacy guideline and the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. Employees who gain unauthorized access or who otherwise violate our privacy guidelines are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Generally, Information will not be disclosed by us to any external organization. However, we may share Information about a current or former customers under the following circumstances:
- To marketing service providers and joint marketing partners – we may disclose Information to companies that perform marketing services for us, and other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
- To our affiliated companies.
- To other third parties – we may share Information with other non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Access To and Correction of Information
Upon a customer’s written request, we will make available Information for the customer’s review. Information collected in connection with, or in anticipation of any claim or legal proceeding will not be made available. If a customer notifies us that the Information is incorrect, we will review the Information. If we agree, we will correct our records. If we do not agree, the customer may submit a short statement of dispute, which we will include in any further disclosure of Information.
How To Contact Us
If, after reading this Privacy Guideline, a customer has questions about the Privacy Guideline or Information contained in our files please write to us at the following address:
ATTN: Customer Service
Thum Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
3140 3 Mile Rd NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525-3165