MicroTek Technology Professional Liability
The MicroTek Small business Technology Professional Liability product targets technology professionals with less than $500,000 in revenue and 3 or fewer consultants. The convenience of having Errors & Omissions, General Liability, Property and Business Income coverage all on one policy is hard to find in the marketplace.
Reasons Why to Buy a Professional Liability policy:
- Programming errors, improper selection, installation, or configuration of networks/systems, failure to maintain, and failure to meet the requirements of a contact (i.e. timelines and/or content) are common scenarios that lead to lawsuits for technology professionals.
- Failure to prevent unauthorized access (“hacking”) and unintentional introduction of malicious code (“virus”) are important exposures of the technology industry to address with insurance coverage.
- Libel, slander, defamation and invasion of privacy can be addressed with Personal Injury coverage.
- Copyright and trademark infringement can be address with Intellectual Property coverage.
For more information or to get a quote, please contact our office at 1-800-866-0777 or click here.
- Company A provides all the Information Technology services needs for a local pizza shop. The contract includes services for security vulnerability testing. After the project is complete the pizza shop’s computer system is attacked by a virus and all files on the hard drive are lost including accounting records and customer information. The pizza shop files suit against Company A for the cost to recover their data and loss of business income from not being able to send fliers to their customers due to the loss of information.
- Company B is setting up a network for their client. One of their employees is hooking up a cable in the client’s cafeteria. The employee’s phone rings and he walks outside to answer. When the employee returns, one of the client’s employees has tripped over the cable and has injured their shoulder. Surgery follows and the employee is out of work for 8 months. The employee sues Company B for negligence and seeks damages for bodily injury and lost wages.
- Company C analyzes the hardware and software for their mercantile client. They recommend several upgrades to their servers, software and firewalls. As part of the proposal, they include on-going 24/7 support. Company C purchases, installs and customizes the new hardware and software. Six months later, there is a breach when a hacker breaks through the security firewalls and steals the personal information of thousands of customers of the client. It comes to light that Company C did not install the latest patch to fix vulnerabilities in the firewall. The mercantile client loses business and accrues damages from notification and requirements to pay for credit monitoring. The mercantile client files suit against the IT consultant for failure to prevent the unauthorized access.
* Insurance varies by state and is NOT available in all states countrywide.
Contact us today for a quote for MicroTek – Technology Professional Liability coverage!